Saturday 10 November 2012

WEEK 3


THE WORLD OF THE INVENTORS 


1. What does it tell us about the process of an Invention and Innovation ?

According to the article, "The PC is Dead, long Live The Tablet", Nov 07,2012.

It's hard to tell the difference between Invention and Innovation but, I will make it simple. The process is starting with invention because it generates new ideas, prototypes, patterns, designs, breakthrough experiments and working models. Then, the innovation takes place that transforms these inventions into commercial products or services or making improvement by introducing something new.

From this article, we can see that, phones and desktop and laptop computers is the technology we used at work - was far more expensive- as recently as 15 years ago (invention) and now, the tablets have turned the mobile and desktop devices people take for granted at home are far superior to what they find sitting on their desks when they come into work in the morning (innovation).

Tablets are using the existing technology in new ways. By this, we can make a conclusion that the innovation can reduces the price and at the same time improves the quality of the work.


2 . What kind of environment, situation etc., would make you to become
a creative/inventive/innovative person ?

I can become a creative person in the kind of situation where I could not afford to buy the things that I want. It's about a month ago, in my photography class, lecturer asked that we'll need to make a CD folder. At that time, I do not have enough money to buy any special stuff . Since I love decorate something , I've decided to make the things and all the decorations by myself. It just took a half of the CD folder price in the market to buy all the things and I just used some old papers for the decorations. And, guess what? It became so special because you can not find this kind of CD folder in the market! Here's the result :)



No comments:

Post a Comment